No coding required.
Use your Magic Slideshow extension almost anywhere on your Magento site.
You can even apply different slideshow options to each page or block.
- Product details page
- Home page
- Recently viewed products
- Manual install elsewhere
Supported pages & blocks
- Multiple images (uploaded with the default Magento image manager)
- Multi-language (different locales)
- Different configs for different themes
- Show additional selectors on category page
- Magento image clipped can be ignored
- Native Magento watermarks
- Can be used with other our Magento modules
- Magento Enterprise: 1.11.x - 1.14.x
- Magento Community: 1.4.x - 1.9.x
Beautifully crafted for Magento, Magic Slideshow is ready for use on your hompage, product pages, recently viewed products block and any CMS page you want.
This Magento image slideshow extension instantly adds life to your pages, with fading Ken Burns, image shuffle and a dramatic full-screen slideshow option. With 30 customization settings, Magic Slideshow can be tweaked to look just how you want it.
Dominant in open-source ecommerce, Magento powers more than 240,000 online stores. Make your store look awesome with the best responsive image slider - try Magic Slideshow today.
New versions support
All versions of Magento are supported (Magento Enterprise: 1.11.x - 1.14.x, Magento Community: 1.4.x - 1.9.x). We update our modules as soon as a new version of Magento is released.
One click installation
Saves you time. Upload Magic Slideshow for Magento directly to your Admin panel.
Choose position thumbnails appear (left, right, top, bottom). Your choice. Simply click option on Magic Slideshow Settings page.
Magic Slideshow is responsive out of the box. Essential for multi-device adaptation.
Upload large version of product images (approx 800px). Magento will resize images automatically throughout your website.
Optimize your website. Magic Slideshow caches resized images. Which means fewer image downloads.
Per page profiles
Enable Magic Slideshow on different pages & sections of your Magento store. Even better, customize it differently in each section/page.
Control how Magic Slideshow initializes & loads images. Choose to activate on page load or on request.
Multi language support
Change Magic Slideshow message & loading text. Engage customers worldwide with the language they love.
Magic Slideshow supports SEO Friendly URLs. Vital for website high ranking in search engines.
Protect your images. Choose the position, opacity & size of your watermark.
Say goodbye to manual configuration. Customize settings instantly using Magic Slideshow Settings page.
Magic Slideshow requires no jQuery, 3rd party library or framework. Magic Slideshow is completely compatible.
Custom themes support
If Magic Slideshow doesn't work immediately on your site, email us and we'll add support for your theme (free of charge).
Pay once and the Magic Slideshow license is yours forever.
Does your Magento site have a beautiful implementation of Magic Slideshow?Submit your URL
- Download Magic Slideshow for Magento (free and fully functional demo version).
- Unzip the file on your computer and FTP the magicslideshow folder to your Magento directory (on your server), keeping the file and folder structure intact.
- If you use Magento Compiler, disable it System > Tools > Compilation > Disable.
- Go to http://www.yoursite.url/magicslideshow/ in your browser > click 'Install' (replace yoursite.url with your domain name).
- If you use Magento Compiler, click 'Run Compilation Process'.
- Go to System > Cache Management > Select All and refresh the cache.
- The demo version is now installed!
- Customize the Magic Slideshow extension through the Magic Toolbox > Magic Slideshow settings > Default settings menu in your Magento admin panel.
- Magic Slideshow can be enabled on any page or section you choose.
|1 site license||£25||Buy now|
|5 sites license||£75||Buy now|
|10 sites license||£125||Buy now|
|Unlimited license||£199||Buy now|
|Bundled license||£599||Buy now|
|Professional installation service (optional)||£29||Buy now|
- Unrestricted use forever on 1/5/10/Unlimited sites.
- Use any of our 20 extensions for super-easy installation.
- 30 minutes of free technical support.
- 1 year of free upgrades.
- A little bit of Magic :)
You're excited that your Magento store is now live. Your products are ready. But how do you grab the attention of potential customers?
While a slider might not immediately increase your revenue, it will give an instant WOW factor to your site. This Magento image slideshow extension is ready to use on your store straight away.
Why are home page sliders so popular?
The fact is, a banner slider looks modern. Large, wide images influence how a visitor feels. And if that feeling sells a lifestyle, you've just hooked a visitor into your world.
Things to keep in mind when you're creating an image slideshow...
Keep slides concise. This means clear & direct messages. You should tell a quick message in a short time. If you have no choice but to use lots of wording, slow down the speed of this Magento image slider. There's nothing worse than being halfway through reading text and the slide changes. Change 'Duration slide displayed' option on your Magic Slideshow Settings page to the speed you want.
Switch your slideshow from autoplay to manual to put the customer in control. It is their decision when to move to the next slide. A very easy change to make, just set 'Autoplay slideshow' to 'No'.
If you prefer to keep your slideshow as autoplay, consider including thumbnail images or bullets for customers to navigate between slides. Choose 'bullets' or 'thumbnails' from the 'Selectors style' option. Then choose the position they appear (top, bottom, left, right) under 'Selectors position'. Again, this means the shopper is in control, but it also shows at a glance how many slides are included.
How many slides should you use?
This is up to you. In December 2015, Microsoft used 2 slides on their homepage. Use whatever you think is appropriate. Just remember to keep the communication clear and concise.
Your mobile users can simply swipe your slideshows left/right to change the slide. Magic Slideshow is both responsive and optimized for touch screens and desktops, to suit all your visitors whether they're using desktops or mobile devices.
Thanks to the responsive nature of Magic Slideshow, your sliders will automatically scale up and down depending on the users screen size.
To keep your homepage banner fresh for repeat customers to your site, set the slider to shuffle via the 'Shuffle order of slides' option.
Another popular feature is to pan & zoom each image, commonly known as the Ken Burns effect. Set the 'Use Ken Burns effect' option to 'Yes' for each image to move in/out slowly.
So far we've spoken about the look & feel of your image slideshow. But what about moving visitors forward? The link option is a powerful feature. Every image in your slideshow can link to a different URL, to encourage users to take action, wherever they click on your image.
These are only some of the ways it's possible to customize this Magento image slideshow. Magic Slideshow can also be enabled on your Product page, Recently Viewed Product blocks & any CMS page.
However you choose to display your images, adding a slideshow component has never been easier. Download the free trial for your Magento store now.
- Enable Home page Slideshow section.
- Select Browse images and browse your computer for your set of slideshow images > Click Upload images > Save changes.
- Your slideshow is now working! The slideshow will now display on your home page, before the main content area.
- To set a specific slideshow size, change Slideshow width (pixels) and Slideshow height (pixels) options.
- Enjoy over 30 slideshow customizations. Try them all and see which works best for your site.
app/design/frontend/[your_interface]/[your_theme]/layout/magicslideshow.xmland alter this block:
<reference name="content">...</reference>in this section of the file:
- On the Magic Slideshow extension settings page, set the 'Include headers on all pages' parameter to 'Yes' (under the Defaults settings tab).
- Go to your admin panel > CMS > Pages. Add a new page or select an existing page, e.g 'Home page'.
- On the 'Content' tab click on the 'Show/Hide Editor' button to disable the editor.
- Insert a slideshow anywhere in the code by adding a div with a class of MagicSlideshow and all your sliding images inside. The HTML will look something like this:
<div class="MagicSlideshow"> <img src="example1.jpg"/> <img src="example2.jpg"/> <img src="example3.jpg"/> <img src="example4.jpg"/> </div>
- Click 'Save Page'.
- Click 'Preview' to see your slideshow in action!
- See these detailed instructions for changing the options of your slideshow - thumbnails, headings, text, arrows etc.
Multi-languageYou can change the language of the message and loading text like so:
- Find the locale folder for the language you wish to change e.g. /app/locale/en_US.
- Open the file Mage_Api.csv into the editor and insert these lines at the and of the file:
"MagicSlideshow_Message","Write your message here"
- Continue these steps for each locale you wish to change.
Submit your review
Your review has been received and will be posted soon.
Other Magento extensions
An alternative to this Magento module is Magic Scroll, which can slide many images at one time. It is perfect for organising product images, showing off your bestsellers, new arrivals, latest news and related products.
You can set your slideshow to fade from one image to the next and change the fading time and fading slideshow duration. For more examples, please try the Magic Slideshow examples page.