Come and work in a creative, fun and challenging environment. Learn new technologies and build tools that are used by millions of people around the world.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Front-End Web Developer who wants to create stunning image effects for use by many of the worlds biggest websites.
You'll be creating new versions of our popular products (Magic 360, Magic Zoom and others) used by over 30,000 websites including Wal-Mart, Sony, Tesco and other huge retailers. They rely on our tools to make their product images come to life on the web, with 360 spin, zoom, slide and enlarge, helping people to find the perfect products to buy.
You should be a superb engineer with 2 years+ production experience developing websites, applications or plugins. This is a high-visibility role which requires a quality-oriented approach balanced with a passion for driving forward the suite of 8 existing tools and possibly brand new tools too.
Your tools will work not just on all major browsers but all platforms too - think iOS, Android, IE10+ and other touch-screen devices/browsers. You must be both self-reliant in working through problems and work well as a collaborative part of the larger web development team.
Responsible, keen and reliable.
You will challenge yourself and others toward better code, architecture, and development process.
- Build amazing new jQuery tools
- Push the boundaries and strive for the best possible user experience
- Communicate with our product team to plan new features
- Thoroughly test new version of tools on all browsers and devices
- Collaborate as part of our team of engineers
- 2 years+ production experience with CSS and HTML
- Passionate about high quality, maintainable code and embrace feedback
- Example of at least one project that:
- Utilizes HTML5 features
- Utilizes Vanilla JS
- Comfortable with scripted environments and command-line tools, including git
- Good command of written English
Optional, but great if you are familiar with or interested in...
- HTML5 (Canvas API)
- Mobile web (iOS, Android, webkit)