- Joomla 3.x
- Joomla 2.5
- Joomla 1.7
- Joomla 1.6
- Joomla 1.5
Continually improved since 2010, this sleek Joomla slider plugin has everything, including: swipe gestures on touch-screen devices; full-screen view; responsive design to automatically resize images to your page.
New versions support
All versions of Joomla are supported (Joomla 3.x, Joomla 2.5, Joomla 1.7, Joomla 1.6, Joomla 1.5). We update our modules as soon as a new version of Joomla is released.
Magic Slideshow supports SEO Friendly URLs. Vital for website high ranking in search engines.
Magic Slideshow is responsive out of the box. Essential for multi-device adaptation.
Say goodbye to manual configuration. Customize settings instantly using Magic Slideshow Settings page.
Magic Slideshow requires no jQuery, 3rd party library or framework. Magic Slideshow is completely compatible.
Pay once and the Magic Slideshow license is yours forever.
- Download the Magic Slideshow component for Joomla content (free and fully functional demo version).
- Upload it via your Joomla admin panel Extensions > Extension Manager > Browse File > Click 'Upload & Install'. Component will automatically enable.
Open article or any other content area where you want to show slideshow. Add a DIV with class of MagicSlideshow and put your images inside the div e.g.
<div class="MagicSlideshow"> <img src="example1.jpg"/> <img src="example2.jpg"/> <img src="example3.jpg"/> </div>
Set the size of your slideshow using data-options. The example below uses 400px x 187px:
<div class="MagicSlideshow" data-options="width: 400px; height:187px;"> <img src="example1.jpg"/> <img src="example2.jpg"/> <img src="example3.jpg"/> </div>
- The Magic Slideshow CSS and JS files will automatically be included in the page head.
- That's all!
- Customize Magic Slideshow how you want. Go to Components > Magic Slideshow for Joomla
Buy Magic Slideshow
To upgrade your free and fully functional trial version of Magic Slideshow (which removes the "Trial version" text), buy Magic Slideshow and overwrite following file with the same one from your licensed version:
To create a slideshow on your home page:
- Go to Components > Magic Slideshow for Joomla, select 'Home page slideshow' section.
- Select Upload images and browse your computer for your set of slideshow images.
- The slideshow will now display on your home page, before the main content area.
- Slideshow will automatically resize to the size of your images. To set a specific slideshow size, change Slideshow width and Slideshow height options.
- There are over 40 customizations available (including linking each slide to a url). Have fun, try them all!
Follow in the footsteps of Harvard University and build your website upon the open-source platform, Joomla.
Joomla image slideshows have become ever more popular since the birth of Joomla in 2005. You have great control over your website thanks to Joomla's Content Management System (CMS).
Supported by a large community, Joomla has been downloaded over 50 million times and offers 1,000's of modules on its Joomla Extension Directory.
But how do you get this Joomla slideshow to appear in your article?
That's easy, simply open your article and add a <div> tag with a class of MagicSlideshow – then place your images inside the <div>. The class is important because it connects the slideshow to your Settings page. It's how you update any of your slideshows, from one easy area inside your Joomla admin area.
What if you want one slideshow to appear different to other slideshows?
No problem! You can manually add changes to any slideshow you wish to appear different. Use data-options= within the <div> code. By doing this you will have limitless options of how varied your Joomla slideshows can look. Grab any HTML code you need here & be inspired with a choice of combinations.
If you think Magic Slideshow is just for images, think again.
You can use any HTML code. This includes videos too. With videos being a popular feature on websites, we introduced the ability to add them into any Joomla slideshow. To add video to your slideshow, simply use a <div> tag instead of an <img> tag, like so:
<div class="MagicSlideshow"> <div> 1st slide. Video HTML code here ... </div> <div> 2nd slide. Any HTML code here ... </div> <div> ... </div> </div>
Can I add a slideshow to my homepage?
Whether you're using a homepage slideshow, videos, Ken Burns for a pan & zoom effect, bullets to navigate, fading or slide transitions, linking to urls or going for a vertical slideshow instead of the traditional horizontal method, there are boundless opportunities to connect visitors with your content.
And thanks to its responsiveness, this Joomla slider plugin fits perfectly on any device. Whether visitors are at their desk or on their mobile, Magic Slideshow automatically resizes for any screen size.
As we mentioned, Joomla got even better with the launch of eCommerce solutions: HikaShop and VirtueMart. If you're using either platform, download the Magic Slideshow for HikaShop or Magic Slideshow for VirtueMart extensions (free trial).
Thanks for trying Magic Slideshow on your Joomla site! What did you hope Magic Slideshow could do? How can we improve it? Let us know, we're always improving our tools based on customer feedback.
- Delete Magic Slideshow code from your content.
- Go to: Extensions > Plugin Manager > Disable plugin.
- Go to: Extensions > Extension Manager > Manage > Add tick in box next Magic Slideshow for Joomla > Click 'Uninstall'.
- Magic Slideshow is now uninstalled.
Submit your review
Your review has been received and will be posted soon.
Other Joomla components
This extension was created for Joomla. Use it to place an image slideshow on your product pages, category pages and other blocks such as 'bestsellers', 'recently viewed', 'newest'.