No coding required.
Use your Magic Thumb™ extension almost anywhere on your Magento site.
You can even apply different zoom options to each page or block.
- Product details page
- Category page
- New products block
- Recently viewed products
- Manual install elsewhere
Supported pages & blocks
- Multiple images (uploaded with the default Magento image manager)
- Multi-language (different locales)
- Product options (use different images for each option value, by "Drop-down" and "Radio Buttons")
- Different configs for different themes
- Show additional selectors on category page
- Magento image clipped can be ignored
- Native Magento watermarks
- Can be used with other our Magento modules
- Magento Enterprise: 1.11.x - 1.12.x
- Magento Community: 1.4.x - 1.9.x
Relied upon by Magento store owners, Magic Thumb™ has been the professional choice since 2008 for graceful full-screen effects.
This official Magento extension makes it easy to apply these effects to your pages. Even better - the extension gives you auto-caching, image resizing and SEO optimization as part of the dedicated Magento features.
With free new versions regularly released, your products will always look gorgeous with Magic Thumb™.
New versions support
All versions of Magento are supported (Magento Enterprise: 1.11.x - 1.12.x, Magento Community: 1.4.x - 1.9.x). We update our modules as soon as a new version of Magento is released.
One click installation
Saves you time. Upload Magic Thumb™ for Magento directly to your Admin panel.
Choose position thumbnails appear (left, right, top, bottom). Your choice. Simply click option on Magic Thumb™ Settings page.
Magic Thumb™ is responsive out of the box. Essential for multi-device adaptation.
Upload large version of product images (approx 800px). Magento will resize images automatically throughout your website.
Optimize your website. Magic Thumb™ caches resized images. Which means fewer image downloads.
Per page profiles
Enable Magic Thumb™ on different pages & sections of your Magento store. Even better, customize it differently in each section/page.
Stop the spread & control thumbnails under main product image. Activate trial version of Magic Scroll™ on Magic Thumb™ Settings page.
Control how Magic Thumb™ initializes & loads images. Choose to activate on page load or on request.
Multi language support
Change Magic Thumb™ message & loading text. Engage customers worldwide with the language they love.
Magic Thumb™ supports SEO Friendly URLs. Vital for website high ranking in search engines.
Protect your images. Choose the position, opacity & size of your watermark.
Say goodbye to manual configuration. Customize settings instantly using Magic Thumb™ Settings page.
Magic Thumb™ requires no jQuery, 3rd party library or framework. Magic Thumb™ is completely compatible.
Custom themes support
If Magic Thumb™ doesn't work immediately on your site, email us and we'll add support for your theme (free of charge).
Pay once and the Magic Thumb™ license is yours forever.
- Download Magic Thumb™ for Magento (free and fully functional demo version).
- Unzip the file on your computer and FTP the magicthumb folder to your Magento directory (on your server), keeping the file and folder structure intact.
- If you use Magento Compiler, disable it System > Tools > Compilation > Disable.
- Go to http://www.yoursite.url/magicthumb/ in your browser > click 'Install' (replace yoursite.url with your domain name).
- If you use Magento Compiler, click 'Run Compilation Process'.
- Go to System > Cache Management > Select All and refresh the cache.
- The demo version is now installed!
- Customize the Magic Thumb™ extension through the Magic Toolbox > Magic Thumb™ settings > Default settings menu in your Magento admin panel.
Swapping between many images is already a standard feature in Magic Thumb™. But if you have lots of images, the page can look complicated.
Make your thumbnails look slick and organised with Magic Scroll™ for Magento. It neatly contains the images adds arrows to slide between them. Example:
- Simply activate Magic Scroll™ on the Magic Thumb™ options page.
- To remove the "Please upgrade" text, buy a license and overwrite the /skin/frontend/[your_interface]/[your_theme]/js/magicscroll.js file with that from your licensed version.
- Find the locale folder for the language you wish to change e.g. /app/locale/en_US.
- Open the file Mage_Api.csv into the editor and insert these lines at the and of the file:
"MagicThumb_Message","Write your message here" "MagicThumb_LoadingText","Write your message here"
- Continue these steps for each locale you wish to change.
How do I prevent Magento images stretching?Open module settings page and turn on the option named 'Ignore magento CSS width/height styles for additional images'.
How do I change the image when custom options are selected?Put the color name in the 'Label' attribute of each image. Open module settings page and set the option for 'Options names associated with images separated by commas' to your option name.
Perfect for viewing large image - activate it on click or on hover; choose the effect (bounce/elastic/cube etc); choose the speed; change the position; add text captions to the top / right / bottom / left, adjust the colors, borders and padding. Versatile and easy to use.