Works on these pages:
- Product details page
- Category page
- Manual install elsewhere
- VirtueMart 4.x.x
- VirtueMart 3.x.x
- VirtueMart 2.x.x
- VirtueMart 1.x.x
Looking for a better way to showcase your product images? Try our VirtueMart lightbox extension - Magic Thumb.
Lightbox technique has been in use for a decade now and it’s proven to be working very reliably. It’s used to display product images by the industry-leading companies like Amazon.
Our Magic Thumb VirtueMart lightbox extension will help you demonstrate product design options in a simple and beautiful manner. Use it on product & category pages and choose from over 40 other customizations, easily controlled by its very own settings page. Easy to install, this VirtueMart lightbox extension will give distinctiveness to your images.
Continually developed since 2008, Magic Thumb is a professional choice of thousands of companies, both large and small. With a 30-day money-back guarantee, there’s no reason not to try this product image lightbox extension. Increase your customer engagement now - install a free trial version today.
Features you'll love...
- Built with SEO in mind
- Image caching
- Easy to customise
- Auto image resizing
- Scrollable thumbnails
- Supports all templates
- Watermarked images
- On-demand loading
- Regularly updated
- jQuery compatible
- One-off payment
- Download the Magic Thumb component for VirtueMart 1.x.x or VirtueMart 2.x/3.x/4.x (free and fully functional demo version).
- Go to Extensions > Manage. In Upload Package File, select the zip file that you just downloaded and click Upload File and Install.
- Open the page Components > Magic Thumb to customize Magic Thumb as you wish. You can assign profiles to pages via the "Pages" page.
- It is ready to use
- Activate Magic Scroll™ to enjoy organised thumbnails on your product page: Components > Magic Thumb > Use Magic Scroll™ for thumbnails > Select 'tick' > Save changes.
- Buy Magic Thumb To upgrade your free and fully functional trial version of Magic Thumb (which removes the "Trial version" text), buy Magic Thumb and overwrite following file with the same one from your licensed version:
If you don't see Magic Thumb component for VirtueMart working, please change the module position here: Administrator > Extensions > Modules manager > Magic Thumb module for VirtueMart. If it still does not work, you may have an incompatible template. Please send us your FTP access details and login/password for your Joomla back-end and we will help you.
Swapping between many images is already a standard feature in Magic Thumb. But if you have lots of images, the page can look complicated.
Make your thumbnails look slick and organised with Magic Scroll for VirtueMart. It neatly contains the images adds arrows to slide between them. Example:
- Simply activate Magic Scroll on the Magic Thumb options page.
- To remove the "Please upgrade" text, buy a license and overwrite the /modules/mod_virtuemart_magicthumb/core/magicscroll.js file with that from your licensed version.
To customize colors and borders, edit the magicthumb.css file located in /media/plg_system_vmmagicthumb/magicthumb.css. Also, look at the customization guide.
Zoomable static images look great when combined with a 360 product spin. Install both Magic Thumb and Magic 360 to bring your VirtueMart product gallery to life.
- Install the VirtueMart extension for Magic Thumb.
- Install the VirtueMart extension for Magic 360.
- Create a new product or open an existing one.
- Upload your zoom images to your product as normal.
- Upload your set of spin images to your server:
Do your products come in different colours or styles?
Magic Thumb works with VirtueMart product attributes out of the box.
Each product may have "child" products each with different images.
When your customers select a child product, the gallery updates to reveal specific images.
Whether you choose radio, dropdown menu or swatch thumbnails - product attributes is a perfect way to show customers your product range.
Thanks for trying Magic Thumb on your VirtueMart site! What did you hope Magic Thumb could do? How can we improve it? Let us know, we're always improving our tools based on customer feedback.
- Go to: Extensions > Plugin Manager > Disable plugin.
- Go to: Extensions > Extension Manager > Manage > Add tick in box next Magic Thumb for VirtueMart > Click 'Uninstall'.
- Magic Thumb is now uninstalled.
Those guys really know how to deal with the requests of customers, just with an access after a blink of an eye, my tweak was made.
And the product works like a charm.
Submit your review
Your review has been received and will be posted soon.
Other VirtueMart components
The Magic Thumb Joomla plugin has been replaced by a Joomla extension because Joomla changed it's terminology from module to plugin when it moved from 1.0 to 1.5.
All versions are supported: Joomla 1.0, Joomla 1.1, Joomla 1.5-3.x, VirtueMart 1.0, VirtueMart 1.1.x, VirtueMart 2.x.