Zoom in to inspect images in beautiful detail. Click or scroll your mouse:
Light users, free for all
Advert in corner of zooms
Professionals, buy a bundle
No expiry date
+ SSL, watermark, custom logo,
speed-guarantee, and more...
- One zoom is counted per zoomable image that the user interacts with.
- Pay as you go, no sign-up fee, no termination fee, cancel at any time.
Watch the video to see how Magic Touch™ works!
The first visitor to the page triggers Magic Touch™ to fetch and prepare your large image for zooming. Hundreds of small images (called "tiles") are created to allow the incredibly fast and deep zoom. It takes 12 seconds on average to prepare the very first zoom, then all future zooms load within 1 second.
We aim for Magic Touch™ to be available 100% of the time and we commit to providing it 99.9% of the time (see the terms and conditions). Our performance is directly related to the uptime that AWS provides. The AWS goal is to be "indistinguishable from perfect", although on the rare occasion downtime has occurred.
Even if Magic Touch™ goes down, your images will still be served, thanks to the way it references images. Your server will serve them instead of AWS (the only difference is that the zoom won't work).
Paid plans have these extra features:
- Serve zooms over SSL (secure connections).
- Personalise your zooms by adding your own logo.
- Protect your images with a watermark.
The Free Plan allows 10,000 branded zooms per month. The Magic Touch™ logo is shown in the top right corner. If you exceed 10,000 zooms, Magic Touch will stop working. If you need more than 10,000 zooms, you can buy zooms.
After you add Magic Touch™ to your ecommerce store, your conversions (the percentage of visitors that buy something) should increase. Measure it yourself by doing an A/B split test on your website - compare a page with Magic Touch™ versus a page without it. Then tell us your results!
Zooming into an image gives such incredible detail to the user that it boosts their confidence in the quality of your products. Overcoming quality concerns is a big factor in making sales online. Magic Touch™ works like Google Maps and Yahoo Maps - people are familiar with these zoom features. Try it on your site.
Magic Touch™ works in the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6+
Q What image formats are supported?
A You can use JPEG and PNG images.
Q How do I update a cached image in Magic Touch™?
A Magic Touch™ caches images to serve them quickly. If you change an image, there are 4 ways to update it:
- Find the image in your admin area and delete it.
- Change the image file name e.g. bike.jpg to bike2.jpg.
- Change the width or height of the small image. For example, change this:
<a href="big.jpg"><img src="small.jpg" width="250" height ="166"></a>to this:<a href="big.jpg"><img src="small.jpg" width="249" height ="166"></a>
- Add GET parameters to the images URLs. For example, change this:
<a class="MagicTouch" href="big.jpg"><img src="small.jpg" width="250" height ="166"></a>to this:<a class="MagicTouch" href="big.jpg?123"><img src="small.jpg?123" width="250" height ="166"></a>
Magic Touch™ version 4.1
- Tap to zoom in and double tap to zoom out.
- Click to zoom in and double click to zoom out.
- Faster zooming.
- Faster dragging.
- Supports mouse as well as touches on touch devices simultaneously.
- Now works in Opera on Android.
- Faster load, with 10kb smaller magictouch.js file.
- Further JPEG optimization of image tiles, for faster loading.
- Faster and better statistics in your Magic Touch™ control panel.
Magic Touch™ version 4.0
Magic Touch™ version 3.0
May 10, 2011 - Extremely fast initialization; completely rewritten backend that is faster and more scalable; new support for CMYK images, transparent PNG, transparent GIF; error message displays if there is a processing issue; no 403 errors during first load; debug mode; new improved API; highlight current thumbnail; fewer server requests; more statistics; delete individual images.
Magic Touch™ version 2.2
January 13, 2010 - loads on DOM ready; faster initialization time.
Magic Touch™ version 2.1
November 24, 2009 - faster load time; animated loading icon; 8 new button themes.
Magic Touch™ version 2.0
November 19, 2009 - print feature; smoothing on drag; dissolve effect when switching images; thumbnails in full-screen; faster zooming; zoom uses the highest resolution cached images; supports up to 50 zooms per page; option to customize each image individually.
Magic Touch™ version 1.4
September 25, 2009 - small image now shows throughout loading process.
Magic Touch™ version 1.3
August 6, 2009 - new watermark feature; tiles load during drag; save image on right click.
Magic Touch™ version 1.2
June 12, 2009 - new full-screen feature; speed improvements.
Magic Touch™ version 1.1
May 26, 2009 - switch between multiple images.
Magic Touch™ version 1.0
April 28, 2009 - official launch, out of beta.
Magic Touch™ beta
February 27, 2009 - beta version launches.
By far the most user friendly & best looking. Support that went above and beyond.
Download the module for:
- Magic Touch for CS-Cart
- Magic Touch for X-Cart
- Magic Touch for Magento
- Magic Touch for HikaShop
- Magic Touch for Joomla
- Magic Touch for VirtueMart
- Magic Touch for PrestaShop
- Magic Touch for osCommerce
- Magic Touch for Zen Cart
- Magic Touch for CRE Loaded
- Magic Touch for CubeCart
- Magic Touch for X-Cart Next
- Magic Touch for xt:Commerce
- Magic Touch for VEYTON 4
- Magic Touch for OpenCart
- Magic Touch for LiteCommerce
- Magic Touch for Drupal
- Magic Touch for WordPress
- Magic Touch for WP e-Commerce
- Magic Touch for Jigoshop
- Magic Touch for WooCommerce
- Magic Touch for Gallery
- Magic Touch for WYSIWYG
- Magic Touch for OXID
- Magic Touch for osCMax